Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Master-piece

I stare at the canvas in front of me. This large painting sheet in front of me. All filled with colors. Some bright, some dull, some stark and loud, some mellow and somber. Colors carefully put in by me, and some splashed recklessly.

I am breathing hard, at wits end, on a mindless mission to color some more. The parts I like, I touch them not. While feverishly trying to add some sense to the spaces that make me not so happy anymore.

And as much as I try, the colors just run, and mix up with others to make all look as one. I gasp for breath and cry for a pause, and then I see the top right corner on the canvas wall.

There in the corner was a whiteness I had never seen. Where did that come from, that glossy sheen? Staring at it, such beauty I saw. All innocently and in awe.

Oh! it actually was left all alone. Untouched by colors, untouched by me, this little section was the "Master"-piece.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful...though abstract like the painting you refer to ! JGD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice poetry vibz
    never knew abt ur intrst in poetry!!

    ReplyDelete